Mesytec communication problem

asdf

Hello.

I have a mesytec mscf-16 module and i want to control it using labview via usb. Using hyperterminal i can communicate with the module and send commands so the ftdi driver works fine. The problem is that i can't control the module using labiview. Using ni-max test panel if i send idn?  command i receive idn? as response and the same happens  with every other string. Any information on this subject is appreciated since i am new in programming and i don;t know my way around labview. Thx 

Hello.

I have a mesytec mscf-16 module and i want to control it using labview via usb. Using hyperterminal i can communicate with the module and send commands so the ftdi driver works fine. The problem is that i can't control the module using labiview. Using ni-max test panel if i send idn?  command i receive idn? as response and the same happens  with every other string. Any information on this subject is appreciated since i am new in programming and i don;t know my way around labview. Thx 

"IDN?" is a IEEE-488.2 specific command. Only devices implementing this protocol will recognize it and answer meaningfully. Most serial devices out there will NOT implement IEEE-488.2. Only typical measurement devices from manufacturers also providing GPIB options with their devices usually go to the extra length of implementing a real standard. Everybody else simply cooks up his own protocol.

Why don't you try to send the commands to your device that you also tried with HyperTerminal? Just don't forget that HyperTerminal will be default convert your Enter key that you press to send of the command, into a carriage return, line feed, or carriage return/line feed character sequence and send it at the end of the data. You have to append the according \r, \n, or \r\n sequence to your command in MAX to achieve the same. And also do this same thing when you write data in LabVIEW using VISA Write.