LabVIEW 2018 SP1 Released

lvb

Okay I'm in the process of downloading the fall bundle but I can say that I am thrilled to find that the F1 patch fixes a major crashing issue with access violation, and illegal operations I've been having.  The cause is unknown but I suspect it has something to do with subpanels, splitters, and call asynchronous nodes, but to be honest it could be anything I couldn't nail down the issue.  And if patches are like the ones in the past, the 2018 SP1 F1 patch must be installed over top 2018 SP1.  I suspect this was a patch discovered after going gold with 2018 SP1 and being sent through the validation, and DVD pressing process.  A pain for sure to have to download a huge thing install it, and then realize there is more to download and install, but if it finally means being able to get LabVIEW working again I'm happy.

EDIT:  Seems my issue was likely CAR 715018

6 hours ago, hooovahh said:

Okay I'm in the process of downloading the fall bundle but I can say that I am thrilled to find that the F1 patch fixes a major crashing issue with access violation, and illegal operations I've been having.  The cause is unknown but I suspect it has something to do with subpanels, splitters, and call asynchronous nodes, but to be honest it could be anything I couldn't nail down the issue.  And if patches are like the ones in the past, the 2018 SP1 F1 patch must be installed over top 2018 SP1.  I suspect this was a patch discovered after going gold with 2018 SP1 and being sent through the validation, and DVD pressing process.  A pain for sure to have to download a huge thing install it, and then realize there is more to download and install, but if it finally means being able to get LabVIEW working again I'm happy.

EDIT:  Seems my issue was likely CAR 715018

Hrmm.....I have been getting access violation issues as well with my LV18f2 system, I will have to upgrade and see if the issues are resolved.  NI R and D has been trying to figure out my issue and has not had success yet.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, smithd said:

Just got "The page you requested may have moved, been deleted, or is inaccessible. Search below for other content, or contact NI for assistance." on all 3 Fall 2018 links :(

• Sad 1

I downloaded the web install last week and speeds were as slow as I expected due to our infrastructure issues.  By that I mean it didn't seem any slower than usual, maybe the developer suite's are cached differently.  Also geographic location can be a factor since NI has several data hosting locations and it is supposed to pick the one closest to you.  Since all my internet traffic is routed half way around the world while at work I have no idea where my download came from, but I'm in the Detroit area.