LabVIEW crash when deleting virtual folder

BrBe

Hello,

When I delete virtual folder in me project this results in a LabVIEW crash.  This happens in windows 10 and in windows 7, even if I have a project with only empty virtual folders and I start deleting them.

Are there other people where this is happening too?

The following VI creates virtual folders and then deletes them from the project. Running this VI results in LabVIEW crashing on multiple systems in our company. The systems are running LabVIEW 2017, 2017 SP1 or 2018 (32 and 64bit) on Windows 7 and Windows 10. We also have some systems that don't crash.

Would be nice if some people here can try it, it would give us some additional data to send to NI.

The VI is saved in LV2017, I could save it for a previous version if needed. 

LabVIEW Crasher Virtual Folders.vi

Virtual Folder Test.lvproj

You might have some VI that are not saved may be read only that reference a VI in that folder even this VI do not exist... 

The question is why those virtual folder are empty? what is the last action before?

It is possible that you deleted library as well that where on those virtual folder.

Thank you for testing,

On our systems it usually happens well before the 500 deletions using this VI, when doing it manually in the project explorer it usually within 10 attempts

The application this is used in is a sequencer application that fills a virtual folder with VI's that are used in the sequence to add them to the build specification. After the build we need to clean the project so we need the folder empty. First we removed all the members of the folder one-by-one but we ran into problems when a VI used in the sequence was also used in the sequencer application itself, it could not be deleted then. Deleting the entire folder and recreating it did work but we sometimes we had labview crash as soon as we try to build.

we can reproduce the crash by simply creating a new project, create a (empty) virtual folder and delete it. For some reason the crash is a lot more frequent when doing it manually as opposed to the programmatically creating and deleting 

I have added a crash log for those interested, there are quite a bit of DWarn's in there:

DWarn 0x0E697B77: Caught exception in ExtCode call!
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2017\dev\source\execsupp\ExtFuncRunTime.cpp(92) : DWarn 0x0E697B77: Caught exception in ExtCode call!

DWarn 0x50CBD7C1: Got corruption with error 1097 calling library mxLvProvider.mxx function mxLvApi_SetIconOverlaysBatch
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2017\dev\source\execsupp\ExtFuncRunTime.cpp(275) : DWarn 0x50CBD7C1: Got corruption with error 1097 calling library mxLvProvider.mxx function mxLvApi_SetIconOverlaysBatch

DWarn 0x50CBD7C1: Got corruption with error 1097 calling library mxLvProvider.mxx function mxLvApi_ServerSite_UpdateItemUIBatch
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2017\dev\source\execsupp\ExtFuncRunTime.cpp(275) : DWarn 0x50CBD7C1: Got corruption with error 1097 calling library mxLvProvider.mxx function mxLvApi_ServerSite_UpdateItemUIBatch

lvlog.txt

Edited by BramJ
Added crash log
7 minutes ago, BramJ said:

when a VI used in the sequence was also used in the sequencer application itself, it could not be deleted then. Deleting the entire folder and recreating it did work

That's your problem then. You've whipped the carpet out from under LabVIEW. Namepace the VIs in the sequencer.

Searched a bit further and it seems the crash is caused by the Viewpoint TSVN toolkit. Removed it and it works just fine. re-install it and it crashes again.

Odd thing is... we have one system with the same set of toolkits, including TSVN, and that system doesn't crash

4 hours ago, BramJ said:

Searched a bit further and it seems the crash is caused by the Viewpoint TSVN toolkit. Removed it and it works just fine. re-install it and it crashes again.

Odd thing is... we have one system with the same set of toolkits, including TSVN, and that system doesn't crash

I use TSVN and it didn't crash on my machine.