LAVA Spam and Upgrades

I have opted to custom uBlock filters for certain keywords and specific user accounts to hide those entries from the activity stream. Not a perfect solution but it makes the page somewhat usable... at least I don't have to see that wall of crap all the time.

Edited by LogMAN

Well, yes. There is only so much we can do on the client side.

It also appears that some of the bots have recently figured out how to reply to their own posts. It is probably just a matter of time before our notification areas get bombarded...

One other odd side effect is I've seen several reports that are clearly bots, that think it is a reply system. The report will be a normal spam message but reporting some content. So at least those ones only I need to deal with and you won't see.  Sorry again about all this.  I have talked to the site admin again emphasizing the severity, and frequency.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, hooovahh said:

One other odd side effect is I've seen several reports that are clearly bots, that think it is a reply system. The report will be a normal spam message but reporting some content.

Oh that's hilarious 🤣

93qtrp.jpg.b7f12d233f65e85ff8521fe40696b6b4.jpg

On 9/22/2024 at 6:14 PM, Michael Aivaliotis said:

I noticed that this morning. However, I'm adjusting some knobs behind the scenes. There will still be some that get through and I will be monitoring the forums for the next few weeks to optimize the settings.

It seems to start to work! Unless of course you have hired some elves that keep checking the forum and deleting any account created with nefarious motives. 😀

But it is quite some time that I came in the office in the morning and didn't get greeted by a stream of products of humanities lowest when opening LavaG. In fact there seems none, and the latest new member is already 21 hours ago and still has 0 accounted posts for, so he may be actually genuine.

Just hope that the moderators new message queue isn't overflowing with held back posts. Although you can always hope that it will die down once they realize that it has exactly 0.0% reach factor.

Edited by Rolf Kalbermatter
  • Like 1

Yes! It is so much better now. Excellent work!

20 hours ago, Michael Aivaliotis said:

BTW, I just discovered that if you ctrl+right click a posted image you can set its' size! neat.

image.jpeg.f19f92572dfb066bd0905e72cf85ebeb.jpeg

Edited by LogMAN