X-Y scan and Image Acquisition.

abikutn

Hello,

I am a research student and I am trying to get the following done:

1.A laser hits on a target. the laser point is scanned on the surface of the target. X-Y scan supported by 2 stepper motors are controlled by a labview program to move the target in X-pixels and Y-pixels.

2. The light that is reflected off the target is taken in by the detector. These analog values are converted to digital using a DSP board. This is my DAQ control board. these values are to be stored in a 2-D array and later used to form an image.

My problems:

I dont really understand how to control the x-y scanning sytem and how to read in the measurements and form the image.

I am a beginner in labview.

Any help and suggestions on this will be appreciated.

I dont really understand how to control the x-y scanning sytem and how to read in the measurements and form the image.

Manuals are your friends. They will tell you how the physical hookup goes. The software part will depend on the physical connection and the commands (also in the manual!). Check the manufacturer's website for (example) code to communicate with their device. Go through the LabVIEW example programs that install with LabVIEW to see how to do tasks; you'll have to put together multiple things to get what you need.

Tim

Hey guys,

Thanks ! ... I got the XY 2D scan using stepper motors done! ... :yes:

Now the major step is how can I read in the values that I get from the photosensor that is connected to the DAQ board and put it into 2D array ??

This 2D array later can be used to display images.

I need a start this. Please help!

Hey guys,

Now the major step is how can I read in the values that I get from the photosensor that is connected to the DAQ board and put it into 2D array ??

This is pretty trivial. Check the array pallet.

Hey guys,

The advice you are getting is non-specific for two reasons. Your questions are very broad, and it feels as if you are asking for us to do the work for you. If you can present targeted questions as you work through the problem, then you will get much more relevant information than to read the manuals.

The advice you are getting is non-specific for two reasons. Your questions are very broad, and it feels as if you are asking for us to do the work for you. If you can present targeted questions as you work through the problem, then you will get much more relevant information than to read the manuals.

More importantly, going through the effort of trying to write targeted questions will help you advance your comprehension of the problem and the tools available to you.

I often find that if I'm stuck on a problem, drafting an e-mail to try and explain it to a co-worker as though they know nothing about the problem will help to straighten things out. And if it doesn't, I've got a perfectly useful e-mail to send. :)

@above all : You guys are right when I read my questions again I feel I am asking on a broad perspective. I will target my questions to a specific problem. This is possible only when I do things. The usual problems with beginner :)

I will be back when I hit some hard stone.

Thanks guys :D

• Like 1