Hi all,

For those who know about leap motion (https://www.leapmotion.com/) you may know that the SDK is now released and anyone can sign up as developer to download this.   The first devices ship out July 22.  I was surprised to find no one on LAVA has been posting hacks and ideas since I know at least a few Labview developers were part of the first wave last year who got send a free device to play with.

Does anyone have experience with the Leap motion device?  Anyone planning to start playing with the controller soon?

Puya

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks David_L,

I just got my Leapmotion today.  Minh, you can buy one from the leapmotion.com website.  its $120 for Australians and it took only 5 days to get to me with FedEx.  I am about to start playing with it.  i have also signed up as a developer and downloaded the SDK.

For anyone who has a Leapmotion, lets please share our joys and frustrations with it. 

:)

Puya

I've been keeping an eye on this as it looks like an interface with lots of potential. (Unfortunately, I don't have one to play with. :(  ) I've seen two reviews that may be helpful:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2013/jul/29/leap-motion-review-i-want-my-hoverboard

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/07/hands-on-with-the-leap-motion-controller-cool-but-frustrating-as-hell/

There seems to be difficulty with extraneous light and arm fatigue.

• Like 1

I looked at the Labviewer hacker site but they are not providing any code or help with code!  looks like a job from scratch!  

@Tim_S I bought mine from LeapMotion website from Australia.  It was $80 + $20 shipping.  It came in just 4 days shipped from Singapore hassle free.  If you have a spare $100 you can get one quick!

If anyone has code to share on LeapMotion that would be lovely.  I will put mine up as soon as I can talk to mine.

best regards

P

@Tim_S I bought mine from LeapMotion website from Australia.  It was $80 + $20 shipping.  It came in just 4 days shipped from Singapore hassle free.  If you have a spare $100 you can get one quick!

Unfortunately my current experiment, a grow your own minion home kit, seems to be sucking all my resources for the foreseeable future. :)

• 2 weeks later...