Strict Type Def in development/Type Def at runtime

Hi,

Is there a way to make a type def behave as a Strict Type Def during development (so that cosmetic changes made to the .ctl are propagated), and as a Type Def. at runtime (so that the cosmetics can be still be changed with property nodes)?

My use case is that the code just needs to colour the controls at runtime, the other property values are decided during development.

1 hour ago, Axelwlt said:

Is there a way to make a type def behave as a Strict Type Def during development (so that cosmetic changes made to the .ctl are propagated), and as a Type Def. at runtime (so that the cosmetics can be still be changed with property nodes)?

Not directly.

One possible workaround: You could keep the .ctl as a Type Def most of the time. When you want to propagate cosmetic changes during development, temporarily Save + Apply it as a Strict Type Def. After that, change it back to a Type Def.

5 hours ago, JKSH said:

You could keep the .ctl as a Type Def most of the time. When you want to propagate cosmetic changes during development, temporarily Save + Apply it as a Strict Type Def. After that, change it back to a Type Def.

That is what I am currently doing but I wanted to speed up a bit this process.

32 minutes ago, Chris_Collier said:

You could write a script which runs during build which sets the strict type-def to a standard type-def, then reverts to strict after the build.

How can I do this change? I guess that would be something belonging to VI Scripting?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Moes
      Hello everyone i am relative new to labview and currently i am bit stuck need help...
      i want to capture data with a digital trigger on my chassis PFI0 (9178), the pulse is 20ms long and occurs on my straingauge 9237 module.
      The pulse comes in 10 times in a row with couple of miliseconds between it, can i measure it every time and push it inside an array like a "last in first out" memmory to evaluate it slower for the user?

I am currently struggeling with the loop dividing into more then one loop approach.

How to breach out from accquire->store->plot in one loopdone right with good performance? I don't know how to shape the cure because there is a dependency from loop time to datapoints with the daqmx task inside of it :-/
      Capturing should always be possible and run in background and the user just uses the frontend to play around with filters (me learning what filter shape the cure in which way)

It would be nice if someone can share their knowledge towards realizing multiple graphs from a pulse that comes in and is stored in a graph.
      I know my program is not pretty right now but with progress it will be nicer, function first to learn!

WheatstoneSix_6.vi
    • By Taylorh140
      I am trying to use a mixed signal graph to plot a set of digital data (12 lines) and 4 arrays of analog data in XY format.  For the analog data I want each array to be assigned to a different group in the graph, but at runtime they seem to all default to Group 1 (the Pressure graph shown below).  I have been able to change them using the legend or the graph properties for each plot, but cannot find a way to do it programmatically.  Is there a property node that can be used to set this?

• By Tomi Maila
      At JKI, we have found that a professional user interface design can make a huge difference for LabVIEW applications. That’s why we’re very proud to announce we have just released the JKI Flat UI Controls for LabVIEW, a beautiful, professionally-designed set of LabVIEW controls that we use on some of our own projects at JKI!  We hope that by sharing these with the community, we can help make it easy for just about anyone to build their own beautiful and intuitive user interfaces in LabVIEW.

Learn More & Download 

• By Francois Normandin
      View File UI Tools
      UI Tools v1.4.0
      Copyright © 2009-2016, François Normandin
      All rights reserved.
      Author:François Normandin
      Contact Info: Contact via PM on www.lavag.org
      LabVIEW Versions:
      Created and tested with LabVIEW 2012
      Dependencies:
      OpenG Application Control Library >= 4.1.0.7
      OpenG Array Library >= 4.1.1.14
      OpenG File Library >= 4.0.1.22
      OpenG LabVIEW Data Library >= 4.2.0.21
      OpenG String Library >= 4.1.0.12
      LAVA Palette >= 1.0.0.1
      Description:
      This package contains tools for designing user interfaces.
      A first palette helps create special effects using transparency of front panel. Using them allows to quickly create fade-ins or outs using linear or exponential variation of the intensity. A second palette contains VIs to calculate the position of GObjects for many purposes like alignment, snap, mouse follow, etc. A third palette contains VIs to create dialog boxes based on class instances. "Simple Error Dialog" and "Simple Selection List" are featured with or without backrground blackening effect. A fourth palette includes some VIs to move objects programmatically on the front panel, using a basic deceleration algorithm to provide an impression of a smooth movement. The packaged VIs are all namespaced using a suffix “__lava_lib_ui_tools” which should not conflict with any of your own code.
      Includes:
      Front Panel Transparency (Fade In & Fade Out) Utilities (Alignment, Snap) Dialog (OOP based, extensible) Engine (Beta) for object movement Instructions:
      This package is distributed on the LabVIEW Tools Network (version 1.3) and updates are on LAVA (1.4). It can be installed directly in the addon folder of any LabVIEW version from 2012 to now. The addon installs automatically under the LAVA palette of the addon submenu.
      License:
      Distributed under the BSD license.
      Support:
      If you have any problems with this code or want to suggest features, please go to www.lavag.org and navigate to the discussion page.

Submitter Francois Normandin Submitted 09/21/2009 Category LabVIEW Tools Network Certified LabVIEW Version  
    • By bmoyer
      Hi, I'm fairly new to the JKI SMO framework and I have been looking at many examples online about how to use the framework (the HAL Webinar was very helpful) and I think I understand most of what is being presented but I'm having trouble making the next step of actually implementing it into my applications.

At a basic level I'm having difficulty with launching the splash screen SMO.  When I launch a splash screen using the created TestLauncher.vi it launches without difficulty, but when I try to create the Splash Screen SMO from another SMO, it gets stuck in the SMO.lvclass:Start.vi.  Particularly, the subVI StartProcesses.vi.  It's waiting in the Event structure for an event never seems to happen.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
      Bruce

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.