I didn't see any obvious way to do it either.

I tried with a non-empty array as well but its values were also ignored.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

View File JSONtext Package for working with JSON.  Uses high-speed text parsing, rather than building an intermediate representation as with prior LabVIEW JSON librari

working on it

Definitely on my list of JSONtext additions.  Ideally, I would want to implement RFC 7396: JSON Merge Patch, with the ability to generate a "patch" of the differences between two JSON texts, then appl

Posted Images

On 7/9/2020 at 5:39 AM, Porter said:

Bug? JSONText doesn't apply input default values to missing cluster items of array elements.

image.png.cfac8c824a0c9d7cb52ca3a937cbf166.pngimage.png.8ae1b813f1c246373cf99f02b3bc8356.png

I was hoping to see "Default", 1 and "2", NaN but instead get "",1 and "2",0

I think that it is due to the behavior of the Get Array Information VI.

The workaround is to convert the array elements individually as clusters:

image.png.30316820d66dc9e23dc0c3ae7f3760c8.pngimage.png.4022f34cc2d9604696e4e09bf7fe0789.png

Note: you can also do this (using the JSONpath for all array elements) because here one is specifying the element of the array (with default) rather that an empty array:

254981577_2020-09-2315_44_57-Untitled1BlockDiagramonJSONtext.lvproj_MyComputer_.png.1c8917c4a3694ddfabfb593626f8e9f3.png

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Thaddaeus Yale said:

Will this library support the new LabView Map Collection type?

No, unfortunately, as it is written in LabVIEW 2017, which does not have that type.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been using this toolkit when passing data to a WebVI in LabVIEW NXG 5.0.0. It appears that the JSON parser built into NXG WebVIs is incapable of reading enums or timestamps. I am not certain if that is a limitation of the parser or the encoder. Are you able to shed any light on this drjdpowell?

4 hours ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

It appears that the JSON parser built into NXG WebVIs is incapable of reading enums or timestamps. I am not certain if that is a limitation of the parser or the encoder.

The "Flatten to JSON" and "Unflatten from JSON" nodes in NXG WebVIs are essentially the same as the ones built into classic LabVIEW. Both are incapable of processing enums or timestamps.

As a workaround, you can create a "bridging" typedef (GType) which replaces enums and timestamps with strings. Use that with the NXG JSON parser, and then convert it to your "real" GType.

16 minutes ago, JKSH said:

The "Flatten to JSON" and "Unflatten from JSON" nodes in NXG WebVIs are essentially the same as the ones built into classic LabVIEW. Both are incapable of processing enums or timestamps.

As a workaround, you can create a "bridging" typedef (GType) which replaces enums and timestamps with strings. Use that with the NXG JSON parser, and then convert it to your "real" GType.

Thank you for the confirmation. I have done something similar using numeric types, but it is inconvenient at best. An NXG version of this toolkit would be fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have done something similar using numeric types, but it is inconvenient at best. An NXG version of this toolkit would be fantastic. 

Unfortunately, the NXG Web module lacks both recursion and VIs for determining the data type inside a variant.  This makes porting JSONtext to it very difficult.

10 minutes ago, drjdpowell said:

Unfortunately, the NXG Web module lacks both recursion and VIs for determining the data type inside a variant.  This makes porting JSONtext to it very difficult.

I'm not surprised by this, but thank you for weighing in. Maybe when NXG reaches CG parity in 2050.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi drjdpowell,

i found an issue converting a array of clusters from text to data. 

In the JSON text is a ":" missing between key and value. Running this results in data loss (see indicator "Data NOK") without an error.

I noticed this in Version 1.3.1.84 but can confirm it also occurs in 1.4.4.89.

best regards
Thomas

image.png.608b4921c12cf5f6dfb79b84dcf8569c.png

Issue JSON Text to Array.vi