Hi all,

Does anyone know if you can run Labview on the Gumstix which is Linux based (Tiny USB stick sized Linux computer)?

https://www.gumstix.com/

Cheers

P

Each DuoVero™ COM comes standard with:

Processor:

Texas Instruments OMAP4430 Dual Cortex™-A9

Speed:

Dual-core, up to 1GHz

Memory:

512MB or 1GB RAM

On-board:

microSD slot Dimensions: 58mm x 17mm x 4.2mm Add features with DuoVero® expansion boards

Hi,

The short answer is no. LabVIEW for Linux is distributed as a binary so you won't be able to target it to Linux on x86. LabVIEW RT for custom targets the x86 architecture (and then only specific chipsets).

There is the LabVIEW for ARM module but it requires programming thought the Keil uVision tool chain which I suspect you can't (or defeats the object of a board such as the gumstix) so I doubt it will give the experience you are hoping for. I would love to see this change but it is the situation as it stands.

Thanks James. Thats a pity. Would you know of any other Computer-on-Module or single board computers that could run LabVIEW or at least the RTE. It doesnt have to be Linux. Windows would actually be preferable. The smallest PC I have put LabVIEW into is an Advantech fanless compact PC (http://www.advantech.com/applied-computing-systems/embedded-computer/default.aspx)

cheers

P

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Yaw Mensah
      I have installed Labview 2020 on Dedian Buster using the rpm to deb conversion method via alien. Due to Architecture mismatch i deleted the *i386.rpm files before conversion.
      My Problem is that after creating a project at "Build Specification"-> "rigth click" i am only able to select "Source Distribution". Application does not show up as an option. 
      I will be grateful for any suggestions.
      Thank you in advance.
    • By Gan Uesli Starling
      We have a gage supplied by a company that shipped it with a *.exe application targeted for LVRTE 2009. I need to retarget it for 2017, but don't have the source code. The supplier had said they'd gladly supply me with a copy of the *.LV source, but they have looked and cannot find their own copy in-house.
      History of Need: Our global corporate mother ship's IT department, in their infinite wisdom, is mandating an upgrade from Win7 to Win10. That with yet even further constraints. They enforce a list of "approved versions" of "approved applications". And for LVRTE, they are insisting upon 2017, with 2009 being a red light.
      So, then, my query. Is converting an app without the source for a higher LVRTE doable at all? File is attached.
      If it is doable, instructions on how?
      Concentricity-Gage.exe
    • By Dawid
      I'm trying to execute LPR.exe command to print some labels on a printer. However as its normal, problems occur. I could not find answer on any topic conneced with "sytem exec". I already tried all described methods (I think so). That's why I'm asking very kindly for any help.
      When trying to execute or call the LPR.exe from System exec VI, I'm receiving error:
      "'C:\Windows\System32\lpr.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
      Generally I would like to call function: "lpr -S 192.168.1.5 -P lp C:\test\do_druku.txt" which works from command window without any problem.

print.vi

• By PaulL
      Out of the box text in the icon editor looks awful. (See attached image, which is better looking than most.)
      (Yes, even with small fonts: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Linux-Users/Labview-Icons-under-GNOME/gpm-p/3379530.)
      Details:
      LabVIEW 2016 64-bit, CentOS 7 Linux OS

We have tried many things to get this to work, to no avail. 
      Does anyone have a solution?

• By szewczak
      I wanted to cross post metux's discovery here asap, and have a separate discussion.
      Metux's original post:
      The recent Linux driver package introduces a CRITICAL security vulnerability:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-linux-device-drivers-2018/7664/en/

It adds additional yum/zypper repos, but explicitly disabling package signing and using unencrypted HTTP transport. That way, it's pretty trivial to completely takeover the affected systems, by injecting malicious packages.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS BROKEN SOFTWARE - IT IS DANGEROUS !

CERT and BSI are already notified.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.