By Yaw Mensah
I have installed Labview 2020 on Dedian Buster using the rpm to deb conversion method via alien. Due to Architecture mismatch i deleted the *i386.rpm files before conversion.
My Problem is that after creating a project at "Build Specification"-> "rigth click" i am only able to select "Source Distribution". Application does not show up as an option.
I will be grateful for any suggestions.
Thank you in advance.
DLL functions or shared variables? Or something else?
I have a Labview 2014-64 executable (or I can build a DLL) that runs one piece of equipment, the X-ray. The other engineer has a large CVI Labwindows 2015 + MS Visual Studio 2012 (C++) executable that runs everything else. I want the Labview code to be a slave of the CVI code, accepting commands to turn X-ray On or Off, reporting failures, and the like. Translating the X-ray code into C++ would be possible in principle, but not fun.
Shared variables look easy, but I'm kinda scared of them. I would define all the shared variables in my LV code, since I'm more familiar with LV, then use them in both. There's a thread in here called "Shared Variable Woes" so maybe I should be scared. In the alternative, I tried building a proof-of-concept DLL in Labview, and calling its functions in CVI/C++, and it works, but it's kinda clunky. (I'm attaching it below in case you want to play, or advise.)
Your advice would be appreciated.
Out of the box text in the icon editor looks awful. (See attached image, which is better looking than most.)
(Yes, even with small fonts: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Linux-Users/Labview-Icons-under-GNOME/gpm-p/3379530.)
LabVIEW 2016 64-bit, CentOS 7 Linux OS
We have tried many things to get this to work, to no avail.
Does anyone have a solution?
I wanted to cross post metux's discovery here asap, and have a separate discussion.
Metux's original post:
The recent Linux driver package introduces a CRITICAL security vulnerability:
It adds additional yum/zypper repos, but explicitly disabling package signing and using unencrypted HTTP transport. That way, it's pretty trivial to completely takeover the affected systems, by injecting malicious packages.
DO NOT INSTALL THIS BROKEN SOFTWARE - IT IS DANGEROUS !
CERT and BSI are already notified.
Thought I'd pass this along and see if anyone can reproduce with different versions of LabVIEW. Appreciate it if anyone has seen this and has a fix.
I'm using shared variables to communicate between applications (1:N). I'd been seeing some memory creep that was inconsistent and somewhat bizarre. Eventually managed to track it down to that I'm programmatically opening a connection to a shared variable in one loop, then reading the value in a different loop (the different loops have to do with reconnecting on connection loss and startup). There is a functional global used to pass the variable to the second loop. The Read Variable primitive deallocates all but 4 bytes of memory for the previous loop handle and then allocates memory for a new handle on each iteration of the while loop, hence creating a leak. This behavior does not occur if there is only one loop where there is an open, while loop with a read, and a close.
Main.vi demonstrates the issue. Main 2.vi is more like the NI example.
I've got service request #7728859 with NI going, but I think I got the guy's first day.
LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit on Win7 64-bit. Shared Variables memory leak.zip