A Challenge To LVOOP

And for many people, that fastest route is LVOOP (especially if I'm taking the exam with LV 2012... hehehe).

hmmmmmmmmm sounds like a non-announcement announcement of an as yet unknown capability. To quote an old time radio show:

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows...."

We'll just have to wait to see what happens next.

And for many people, that fastest route is LVOOP

I'm sure that is true; however, it seems to me that...

a) LVOOP will be the faster route only for those developers already experienced in OOD/OOP, and...

b) Experienced LVOOP developers will get limited value out of posted examples, while at the same time...

c) Inexperienced LVOOP developers will have a hard time understanding the design decisions and associated tradeoffs.

For those on the fence about using LVOOP on the CLD, I admit I used it on my CLD exam. (At least I'm pretty sure I did... it was several years ago.) In my case I got a coupon for a free exam so the cost of failure would only be a hit to my pride. I decided to use LVOOP partly to prove to myself I could do it, and partly because my thought process was so deeply OOP oriented I felt like it would be harder to switch back to traditional techniques for the exam. At the end of 4 hours I was not confident my solution would pass. It did, but in retrospect I think it would have been easier had I stuck with traditional techniques.

I just stumbled upon this link: http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Rosetta_Code

It contains a very poor selection of code examples and I don't think you can upload entire projects so the sophistication level is low and limited.

However, I love the idea!

I don't remember where I saw it but I think LV 2012 is going to have project templates besides vit.

If that is true I would love to share and learn from both solutions to LV exams and from general end to end project examples that cover all the bases down to testing a product.

Little by little LV could get an entire toolbox of add-ons that supports code development just like Java users do with projects like Eclipse.

I'm sure that is true; however, it seems to me that...

a) LVOOP will be the faster route only for those developers already experienced in OOD/OOP, and...

b) Experienced LVOOP developers will get limited value out of posted examples, while at the same time...

c) Inexperienced LVOOP developers will have a hard time understanding the design decisions and associated tradeoffs.

I agree with (a), but would argue (b) and ©. Experience does not equate to skilled and even a skilled programmer can get something out of an example. Inexperienced people can learn from the example and should (not will, should) ask questions if they don't understand something.