VI Icon in Linux illegible

PaulL

Out of the box text in the icon editor looks awful. (See attached image, which is better looking than most.)

(Yes, even with small fonts: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Linux-Users/Labview-Icons-under-GNOME/gpm-p/3379530.)

Details:

LabVIEW 2016 64-bit, CentOS 7 Linux OS

We have tried many things to get this to work, to no avail. 

Does anyone have a solution?

TextInIconEditorLinux.PNG

In addition to the Small Fonts, we have tried the LabVIEW Application font and the other similar fonts (System font, etc.), and many of the other fonts that appear in the list. None of these worked.

What do other people working on Linux use?

That is super helpful! I'm not sure how my search didn't find that.

I tried it and it works with the LabVIEW Application font. I have to figure out how to get back to Small Fonts since once I selected something else it is no longer in the list.

Many thanks!

There is the following statement in the KB (Blurry Icon Editor Linux Machine):

"This will change the fonts for all of the text within your LabVIEW VIs and you will only be able to use the default font with this configuration token in place." 

If UseXftFonts=False in the labview.config file, we cannot even change the size of the font. The font size is too large to use in the icon editor.

If I set UseXftFonts=True in the labview.config file, I can once again change the size of the (blurry) font. At the moment, once I exit the icon editor, the text on the final icon is not as blurry as it is in the editor. So I guess I will have to stick with this in the absence of a better solution.

• 1 year later...