I am experiencing numerous VISA Lock Errors (-1073807345) on resources I haven't explicitly locked. This is happening on TCPIP connections to keysight N6700 power supplies and keysight N5242 PNA fairly regularly.
I have simultaneous loops in the application communicating to the different instruments, using a sequencer of sorts to pipe commands one at a time to each of my various loops.
Has anyone seen the locking error pop before while not actually using the Lock and Unlock VIs? This issue has gotten worse lately and it has come time to find the root cause. My only thoughts are that it may have something to do with having NI MAX and Keysight Connection Expert both installed and possibly trying to "ping" these devices. Every once in a while me sending commands and these "pings" may clash and cause the locking error.
Error reads as follows:
"Specified type of lock cannot be obtained, or specified operation cannot be performed, because the resource is locked. VISA error code -1073807345 (0xBFFF000F)"
We are using LabVIEW 2013
Thanks in advance!
By Ram Prakash
Can anyone please tell what a DVR [ Data value reference ] is ? I want to know at what situation it will be used and what are the advantages we get by using DVR. I am really confused in this topic . If someone has any code in which they have worked with DVRs. kindly share it to me.
Can you take a look at this?
The only work around I found is to dynamically open the connection with an external VI to make it fail so the second time it works.
If anyone has an instrument that communicate trough TCP-IP with VI, please try on your side with LabVIEW 2018 and visa 18.
I wanted to cross post metux's discovery here asap, and have a separate discussion.
Metux's original post:
The recent Linux driver package introduces a CRITICAL security vulnerability:
It adds additional yum/zypper repos, but explicitly disabling package signing and using unencrypted HTTP transport. That way, it's pretty trivial to completely takeover the affected systems, by injecting malicious packages.
DO NOT INSTALL THIS BROKEN SOFTWARE - IT IS DANGEROUS !
CERT and BSI are already notified.
Thought I'd pass this along and see if anyone can reproduce with different versions of LabVIEW. Appreciate it if anyone has seen this and has a fix.
I'm using shared variables to communicate between applications (1:N). I'd been seeing some memory creep that was inconsistent and somewhat bizarre. Eventually managed to track it down to that I'm programmatically opening a connection to a shared variable in one loop, then reading the value in a different loop (the different loops have to do with reconnecting on connection loss and startup). There is a functional global used to pass the variable to the second loop. The Read Variable primitive deallocates all but 4 bytes of memory for the previous loop handle and then allocates memory for a new handle on each iteration of the while loop, hence creating a leak. This behavior does not occur if there is only one loop where there is an open, while loop with a read, and a close.
Main.vi demonstrates the issue. Main 2.vi is more like the NI example.
I've got service request #7728859 with NI going, but I think I got the guy's first day.
LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit on Win7 64-bit. Shared Variables memory leak.zip